Friday, September 16, 2011

Holy Guacamole!

Today is one of my family's favorite holidays...

As I've mentioned before, my kid loves guacamole. This is no ordinary appetizer love or party snack love. No. His is a dig-in-a-spoon-and-eat-an-entire-bowl love.

Look at that pile of guac! And he's already eaten half of it!

We have frequented Mexican food restaurants almost weekly since long before Little Dude was born. We usually went with Big Dude's family and ordered tableside guacamole (best when fresh!). After Little Dude was born, instead of staying home, we continued our family tradition.

One night (after Little Dude was able to start eating solid food), I mashed up little pieces of avocado and let him try it. To my surprise, he loved it! The next week we did the same. That evolved into Little Dude eating full-fledged guacamole, complete with onions, cilantro and tomatoes!

I think it helped that he was fascinated by the server making the guac right at our table.


At least we know he's getting his fruits and veggies, and all the great benefits avocados offer!

Every once in a while, someone comments on the fact that our kid is eating an entire bowl of guacamole for his meal. It's surprising to most people. But to us, that's just a normal Friday night!

Pass the chips!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait too eat guacamole with him again!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hate guacamole! (...something to do with my best friend from high school saying it looks like camel snot...) Now we can't keep it in the house! L.O.V.E. that restaurant's guaco - soooooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to eat guacamole with Little Dude again!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete