Friday, May 6, 2011

Here You Go, Mommy!

This morning, I was treated to a wonderful breakfast at my son's preschool. The kids made invitations for us Mommies earlier this week. And this morning, his class had a delicious buffet ready. Unfortunately, not all the moms were able to stay for the breakfast - we all have jobs to go to - but I was glad I was able to go to work late today, because it was totally worth it.

We walked in the room and saw the decorations and the tables covered with pink tablecloths. The teacher was calling all the kids to come sit at the tables, and I heard Little Dude say, "Mommy, come sit by me." He found two chairs for us at a private table. Of course, it didn't take long for his friends to ask if they could sit with us!

Since I was the first Mommy to arrive, the teacher asked Little Dude if he would like to go first and get some breakfast for me. Little Dude was all too happy to comply! He picked out plates for us and asked, "Mommy, what do you want to eat?" I told him to bring me something delicious.

It was pancake day so he put a pancake on the plate for me and then grabbed a slice of lemon bread. "Here you go, Mommy!" He delivered it and actually asked if I wanted syrup. Sweet! Then he got his own plate of food (pancakes and yogurt) and sat next to me to eat.

A few of the other moms started arriving and I watched as their kids asked them to get the food. When Little Dude went to get us both apple juice, one of the other moms commented on how Little Dude "got" Mother's Day!

Yep, I'm a proud Mommy!

Sadly, I did have to leave for work even though Little Dude wanted me to stay all day. He showered me with hugs and kisses while watching the clock (I told him I had to leave when the minute hand was at the 9).

Even if he doesn't do anything else this weekend, I'm super happy with this morning's breakfast and how proud he made me!

I love you, Little Dude!

1 comment: