Saturday, July 16, 2011

Florida! - Enjoying the Humidity

At the end of last year, when my dad decided to "retire" and become a contractor, my parents bought a beautiful 5th-wheel trailer so they could move around the country as needed. This is their home away from home. And this is where we stayed for most of our trip. It was very comfortable despite the fact that there were five of us living there for a week. But to be honest, we actually spent a lot of time outside.

We ate lunch and dinner outside...

Big Dude with a Little Grill. Yes, there was a kitchen, but we really enjoy his masterful grilling skills!


We fed the ducks and turtles that live in the pond just 8 feet from their door...


We took the dog for a walk...

Little Dude, Papa and Maggie
And we went to the pool and the beach...


The beach was only a short walk away from the RV park, so we visited it almost every day. The water here was much warmer than in California. And we could wade out pretty far before the water started getting too deep for our toes to reach the sand. Hubby and I enjoyed diving over the waves while Little Dude played in the surf and sand with Grandma and Papa. It was heavenly!


Since we're from such a dry heat, we enjoyed the chance to experience some real humidity. It actually wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. Compared to 118+ degrees of scorching dryness back home, the 95+ degrees in high humidity was tolerable. My skin and hair never felt so silky soft. I didn't have to use lotion or moisturizer the entire time I was there. And since I have straight hair, the humidity actually made it easier to style! Seriously... it tamed my crazy cowlicks! (And my son's!) (Yes, I can hear my friends blessed with curly hair groaning!)

The thing we didn't like about the humidity was the mosquitoes. We all ended up with bites. But a few bug bites and even a little bit of a sunburn was a fair enough price for some glorious days in Florida!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was heavenly. We can't wait for you to return!
    Mom/Grandma

    ReplyDelete