Thursday, May 24, 2012

Miss Communication

Last week I was meeting some of my vendors at an industry conference. It was in one of those large convention centers where cell reception is rather spotty. I couldn't make any calls, but I did have just enough signal to send and receive text messages.

In fact, I received several text messages throughout the day. The first one was from a number I didn't recognize saying, "Your belly looks great." A little odd, but I have been working out a little more and trying to trim the waist. Plus, I thought I was looking pretty svelte for my meeting. How thoughtful, if unusual, for someone to notice. Maybe it was a co-worker.

About half an hour later I got another text message from another number I didn't recognize: "OK! That's a bump! You look so cute!"

Um, what?!? Now I was a little concerned. Maybe someone accidentally passed out the wrong cell phone number.

A few minutes later, I got another text: "You really look pregnant!"

Holy smokes! I didn't know what was going on, but I was feel fatter by the minute! First my belly looks great and now I'm fat enough to look pregnant? What on earth was going on?

When I finally left the convention center to head back to the airport, I received a photo message from my sister that wasn't able to download while I was in the building:

From But Just Like That...


Apparently my pregnant sister had sent it that morning and some of her friends had replied to the entire group. Well, at least I don't have to worry about someone spying on me and judging my weight!

1 comment:

  1. ummmmmmm -- that's... funny?!
    (I got to see your sis' tummy a couple weeks ago & she looks great!)

    ReplyDelete