Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's and Pancakes

Today I'm a little disappointed in myself. I haven't pranked anyone!

I did have a few ideas for April Fool's... The first was Facebooking that I'm pregnant. But I realized that this could potentially create an absurd amount of responses from people who didn't realize what day it is. And do I really want to explain 200 times that it's April Fool's Day? The other idea was to park in my coworkers' neighboring parking spot. By parking one spot over, I would have thrown off everyone! But I wasn't quite in the April Fool's mood today.

Yesterday I worked from home while tending to my little boy who was sick with a stomach bug. Poor little guy! Luckily, he was feeling better by lunch. And after his nap, he definitely had his energy back.

So this morning we packed up to go back to preschool. He wasn't sure he really wanted to go until I reminded him that it's pancake day. Every Friday is pancake day, and he loves pancakes. He also loves waffles and oatmeal. He's really a breakfast guy.

We were running late this morning and the whole way to school he kept fretting, "There aren't going to be any pancakes left! All the other kids are going to eat the pancakes!" I kept assuring him that there would still be some pancakes for him, but it didn't ease his fears. He was really very worried about experiencing  pancake shortage at school.

I drove to school as fast as I could, and while I signed him in, he was already headed down the hall to his class. He peeked in the window and with a great big smile said, "The pancakes are still there!" He was so happy to see that the food cart was still sitting untouched in the classroom. All the kids were busy playing a Handy Manny board game, so the teacher hadn't served breakfast yet.

My little guy quickly went to work helping his teacher put chairs around the table where the kids eat. Then he sat down and she gave him the first plate of pancakes. In fact, I'm pretty sure he finished his pancake before the other kids had even finished their game and come to the table!

It's not like we don't feed the kid before school. He had oatmeal every morning as soon as he wakes up. In fact today, he talked Daddy into making waffles. But no matter how much he eats, he still likes having what we call "2nd Breakfast."

What can I say except... he's a growing boy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad there wasn't a "pancake shortage!" I'll be happy to make him pancakes every day when he comes to visit me in Florida!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete